To better serve you, we are upgrading to a new Healthcare Technology Platform.
We appreciate your patience during this transition as we work to improve your patient experience
Joint Pain Treatment
At Duke City Primary Care we offer patient evaluation to determine the best treatment for your underlying joint pain.
- Patient evaluation, to include arthograms or x-rays.
- Joint Injections, to include Cortico Steroids and Hyaluronic Acid.
- Plasma Rich Protein injections, which use your own plasma to ease joint pain.
- Orthopedic braces to help support and manage joint pain.
- Monitored medication treatment.
- Physical Therapy referrals, as needed, for comprehensive care.
Joint Pain Symptoms
Joint pain can be acute, lasting only a few weeks but it can also be chronic and last for months on end.
If you’re suffering from joint pain, you may also experience:
- Redness, tenderness, warmth, or swelling in the affected area.
- Stiffness or difficulty moving the joint.
- Weakness in the affected area.
- Limping, if the joint pain is in your lower body
Joint Pain Causes
The term “joint pain” is used with the term arthritis. These are a group of joint conditions that cause inflammation, resulting in pain and stiffness.
Arthritis is a common cause of joint paint, as well as osteoarthritis, brought on by wear and tear and the autoimmune condition rheumatoid arthritis. Many different conditions can cause joint pain, including sprains, strains, bursitis, and gout. Joint pain can affect any of the structures in a joint, including cartilage, bones, ligaments, tendons and muscles.
Joint pain can make getting around and participating in everyday activities much more difficult. Pain in the knee is most common, though you can also experience joint pain in your shoulder, hips, and throughout your body. The potential for joint pain increases as you get older.