To better serve you, we are upgrading to a new Healthcare Technology Platform.
We appreciate your patience during this transition as we work to improve your patient experience
What Are the Signs of a Hormonal Imbalance?
Hormonal imbalance is the result of too much or too little of a hormone in the bloodstream. As we know, hormones play an important role in our bodies. And, even the smallest change can cause a ripple of side effects throughout the body.
Hormones regulate major processes and bodily functions, like:
- Metabolism and appetite
- Heart rate
- Sleep cycles
- Reproductive cycles and sexual function
- General growth and development
- Mood and stress levels
The more common causes of hormonal imbalance tend to produce the following symptoms in both men and women:
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss
- Poor sleep
- Brittle or weak bones
- Irritability and anxiety
- Changes in sensitivity to cold and heat
- Low libido
- Very dry skin or skin rashes
- Long-term fatigue without reason
- Unexplained or excessive sweating
- Brain Fog or Inability to Concentrate
- Erectile Dysfunction
What Are Hormones and Why Do They Matter?
Before diving into hormone replacement therapy, let’s cover the basics of hormones. For something that plays such a significant role in our bodies, many don’t know much about hormones!
Hormones are chemical messengers that travel through our blood and enter cells, tissues, and organs, telling them what to do and when to do it.
From here, they can regulate everything from our emotions to reproductionto our general wellbeing. Essentially, hormones control and coordinate various activities throughout our bodies.
- Hormones carry messages between cells and organs.
- Hormone levels will naturally decline with age. However, when left untreated, you could have health issues.
- Hormonal imbalance can impact both men and women of any age.
Furthermore, because hormonal imbalance can happen at any time and can cause serious health problems, regular check-ups and monitoring are essential to keep your body in balance.